Proving Concepts, Building Skills
Making a Business Case for Innovation
This immersion workshop prepares faculty, staff scientists, graduate students and trainees to consider the market value of innovative research. Learn practical skills to take lab discoveries to market improving patentability and access to the $2.5B federal non-dilutive Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grant program. Our summer 2019 course will give you hands-on experience through four, three-hour workshops conducted in Milwaukee, Madison AND Whitewater.
Paige Peters of Rapid Radicals participated in the SBIR Ready 2018 cohort. Here is a short video on her story and her experience with SBIR Ready.
Who Should Apply?
• Recently Tenured Faculty who want to better position grant proposals to show impact.
• Early Career Faculty and Post-Docs who want professional development in the area of grant writing.
• Recent I-Corps graduates interested in the next step of technology development and/or commercialization.
Fill out an Intent to Apply today at bit.ly/SBIR_Ready to:
• Evaluate your research project from multiple angles to make a business case
• Develop new career skills using a technology from your lab or a ‘borrowed’ technology from our affiliated Tech Transfer office
• Learn to be competitive and savvy in federal grant programs
• Earn up to $3000 to identify strategic markets and research pathways
The 4-week course will begin Tuesday June 4, 2019.
Full applications are due May 14, 2019. Intent to Apply should be filled out as soon as possible.
Contact Margaret.Ramey@uwex.edu with any questions.