Welcome to “WisBusiness: The Show,” a twice-a-month Web show covering state business news and issues.
In the latest episode of “WisBusiness.com: The Show, Adhira Sunkara of WiSys discusess the group’s lead role in a National Science Foundation planning grant tied to sustainable agriculture in Wisconsin.
The Show also previews the following events:
- Sept. 28, W.O.M.E.N. reception, Findorff HQ in Madison; Kelli Thompson, state public defender. Walk-ins welcome!
- Oct. 4, “AI opportunities for business” 8:30-10:30 a.m., Fluno Center, Madison, produced by InBusiness magazine
- Oct. 6, company presentation application deadline, Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium.
- Tech Council Innovation Network, Oct. 18, La Crosse
‘What’s next for the Prairie Springs Science Center?’ Join representatives from UW-La Crosse, Kwik Trip, the Mayo Clinic and the Idea Fund of La Crosse to hear why business leaders believe this building is needed in the Coulee Region. The Waterfront Restaurant and Tavern, 328 Front Street S., La Crosse. Register here.
- Nov. 21, Sheraton Hotel, Madison, 11:30-1:30 p.m., UW-Madison Provost Charles Isbell, a nationally known computer scientist
- ‘SWIFT Entrepreneurs to offer insights on business formation, growth’
Join advisors assembled by the Tech Council for a series of sessions to help entrepreneurs of all types learn more about the basics of launching, funding and growing a young business.
Next up: Oct. 16 Mid-State Technical College, Adams; Nov. 14 in the Oneida Nation.