A group that includes the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. (WEDC) and aviation and aerospace businesses, including Milwaukee-based Astronautics Corporation of America, announced it’s considering building “an aviation/aerospace center of excellence” in southeastern Wisconsin. The new establishment would house research on new aerospace and cybersecurity systems, and bring together engineers, software developers, and other professionals, according to a news release. While a construction timeline is still to come, members of the group expect the center will be located at Astronautics’ headquarters. Read the full story here.
- WUWM: Milwaukee engineering school leaders say more federal money for innovation and research might help WisconsinOctober 20, 2021
- WisconsinINNO: University innovation leaders in Wisconsin planning region’s pitch for federal tech hub fundingOctober 20, 2021
- McKinsey: Women in the Workplace 2021: The state of women hangs in the balanceOctober 20, 2021
- WisBusiness: Panelists say partnerships between industry and universities key to drive tech growthOctober 20, 2021
- WEDC: Enterprise Zone credits help power Generac expansionOctober 19, 2021