A group that includes the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. (WEDC) and aviation and aerospace businesses, including Milwaukee-based Astronautics Corporation of America, announced it’s considering building “an aviation/aerospace center of excellence” in southeastern Wisconsin. The new establishment would house research on new aerospace and cybersecurity systems, and bring together engineers, software developers, and other professionals, according to a news release. While a construction timeline is still to come, members of the group expect the center will be located at Astronautics’ headquarters. Read the full story here.
- InsideWis: More on Wisconsin’s rural economy: Many challenges mean mix of solutionsAugust 15, 2019
- Calling all companies! Apply for three chances to pitch at Early Stage SymposiumAugust 14, 2019
- Guest column: Five tips for millennials on preparing for the futureAugust 14, 2019
- InsideWis: “As rural population falls, what can retain people or lure them back?”August 7, 2019
- Corporate venture capital: What’s driving the surge? Find out at August 27 Tech Council luncheonAugust 7, 2019